According to the best disinfection specialist from Penang, an office environment is always busy, making them prime for harboring mold and bacteria. The more people who come into the office each day, the more often things will get touched.
This is why it’s important to regularly disinfect these areas in order to keep your employees healthy! In this blog post, we’ll be discussing how you can clean surfaces that your employees touch most often in their workday so that they stay safe from harmful bacterias and allergens.
What are high-touch surfaces?
The term “high-touch” refers to any surface that is likely to be touched by multiple people in a day. This includes the desk, phone, computer keyboard, mouse, and chair armrests. Disinfecting these areas will help keep your employees healthy and safe from harmful bacterias or allergens!
Failing to disinfect this area can lead to all sorts of trouble such as :
- Increased risk of illness and infection
- Tightening or constricting the chest
- Wheezing, shortness of breath, coughing
If your office has sick employees, this can heavily affect the morale of the office! High-touch surfaces should be disinfected regularly to help make your employees healthy and happy.
What Are The Best Ways To Disinfect High-Touch Items
If you want to effectively disinfect your office, then be sure to take note of these tips:
Doorknobs and Handles
Doorknobs and handles are one of the highest-touch items in an office. These things can carry all sorts of germs that might make your employees sick such as MRSA, Staphylococcus aureus, and the flu virus.
To disinfect these items, be sure to:
- First, wipe down with an alcohol-based sanitizer or antibacterial wipes
- Then use either hand soap or bleach-water solution on both sides of the item
- Be sure to let it air dry before letting people touch it again!
Disinfectants such as alcohol and bleach are great ways to disinfect high-touch surfaces like doorknobs and handles because they are quick, easy, and cheap.
Light Switches or Pannels
Light switches or panel lights can also be considered high-touch surfaces. These things are used all day by many people, so they’re a good place to start when disinfecting your office!
To disinfect these items, ensure you:
- First, use a wipe on the surface. This will remove any dirt and debris present.
- Then spray with a strong disinfectant and let it sit for a few minutes. The disinfectant will kill any germs found in the light switch/pannels.
- Once done, wipe dry with a paper towel.
If your office has computers, telephone, printers, fax machines, copy machines, or any other equipment that people touch often, these are also high-touch surfaces that need to be disinfected to avoid getting sick.
To disinfect these items, just follow the steps below:
First, wipe the surface clean with a damp paper towel and then spray it down with a strong disinfectant. Make sure to let it sit for around five minutes before wiping off excess liquid and dirt from the area. You can use an alcohol-based sanitizer or bleach water solution as both are effective in killing germs found on high-touch surfaces like this one!
Water Cooler and Coffee Maker
Water coolers and coffee makers can harbor bacteria without you knowing. These are high-touch surfaces, so you should clean them regularly.
Clean water coolers once a week by wiping with soap and warm water or use disinfectant wipes to remove any build-up residue that may harbor bacteria. Be sure to rinse the area afterward as well.
Coffee makers can also contain mold if not cleaned properly on a regular basis. Use an anti-bacterial cleaner like Lysol Kitchen Pro Kitchen Foam Cleaner & Degreaser or isopropyl alcohol. These solutions are effective at removing bacteria and fungus from coffee makers.
Businesses should disinfect high-touch areas in the office regularly. This will help keep your employees healthy from harmful bacterias and allergens that could be lurking throughout their workspace.
If you’re looking for a company to take care of this periodically or on-demand, contact us today! We work with businesses across Penang to keep them safe through regular disinfection services.
Our team is ready to clean these surfaces so that they remain free of germs! Call us now if you have any questions about our business services or want to learn more about how we can protect your workforce’s health!